Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Symbaloo arrived today!

If you don't know about Symbaloo, pay very close attention!

Symbaloo is  visual bookmarking of websites. You sign up for free with Symbaloo and from there you can create your own webmix, which is  a page of your favorite websites. You can title your webmix to reflect the type of websites. As a Teacher Librarian, today was the day we set Symbaloo as our homepage on all of our laptops in the Media Center. Here is a picture of our homepage.


My friend Shannon Miller  shared Symbaloo with me, you can read her posts here.

Symbaloo has already saved my assistant and I a lot of time by not needing to find the different websites students are visiting. It is extremely easy for our kindergartners to use! Also, if your school is like mine, having the IT department re-image computers is a huge process and having the Symbaloo as our homepage, I can now change what websites are up and visible for our students to chose from with out needing the image changed!


AND, you can search and add webmixes that other people have created! I love sharing

No comments:

Post a Comment