Friday, January 11, 2013

A New Year to Blog


2013 is my year to BLOG!!! My goal is to submit one post to this blog each week! Week one is done!

This week in the Library my K-2 grade students have been learning about a penguin named Pierre by reading the book Pierre the Penguin A True Story written by Jean Marzollo and illustrated by Laura Regan. For the state of Florida, this book has been nominated as a Florida Reading Association book, which means it could be the state of Florida's favorite picture book for 2013!
I visited the F.R.A. website and found a glogster with additional activities to do along with this book. FRA Children's Book Award Extension Activities
The best part is being able to watch the Penguins LIVE! California Academy of Sciences Penguin Cam

I brought is a wetsuit for the students to feel neoprene, and they loved it, several thought it was smelly! :)
I hope you enjoy this true story as much as our kids did!

No comments:

Post a Comment