Monday, August 25, 2014

Team Building Today

I saw a great movie (When the Game Stands Tall) this past weekend and immediately wanted to begin sharing what inspired me with my kids! The movie's message: Team is thinking about the person beside you! is one of the most difficult messages to get all humans to understand. We are all naturally selfish and I truly want this group of students to think of others first! So, today we played a team building activity where they choose their leader and had to silently LISTEN and FOLLOW directions. :) I know you are all thinking...How did that go? It was a little rough in the beginning, because we have a group of natural leaders. Here is our whole group example, I was the leader and they listened without talking while I verbally gave directions and we made a triangle using our bodies!

Here was a group that listened and made a circle. ;)
Here is the other circle.. :)
Here they are working on making a square, this shape was a little more difficult to make.
Do you see these straight feet?... square completed!
Another fantastic square!

Another quote that I am using from the movie is "I don't expect you to be perfect, but I do expect perfect effort". Isn't that awesome, I am encouraging them daily to give me THEIR best, and their best isn't always going to look like the person next to them. :)

Look for more team building activities to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment